5 Must-Do Events Happening in Houston this Month
As everyone prepares for the back-to-school mania, there is still time to catch the perfect family summer outing here in Houston. Summer break may be ending soon, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to as well. Squeeze out the last bits of summer with your family by checking out these fun, family-friendly events happening in your own back yard—
- Houston Restaurant Weeks (all of August) August is home to the Houston Restaurant Weeks, and Houston is home to more than 260 participating establishments. Check out new menus, specialty items, and unique dishes. And best of all, proceeds from the restaurants go directly to the Houston Food Bank.
- Joy at The Houston Zoo (all of August) If you haven’t witnessed the newest addition to the Asian elephant enclosure, there’s still time. Joy, the newest baby elephant to join the Houston Zoo family, was born in mid-July. Let’s do our best to welcome our newest Houstonian and make her feel right at home.
- White Linen Night in the Heights (August 5th) Put on your finest whites and hit the streets during this year’s White Linen Night in the Heights. Browse from hundreds of artists, performers, food, and more for the whole family.
- Sacred Music Sacred Dance for World Healing presented by the Asia Society Texas Center (August 12th) This performing group features multiphonic singers from Tibet’s Drepung Loseling Monastery returning to Houston. Critically acclaimed by The New York Times with sellout performances in Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center, this performance is sure to entertain with rich costumes, masked dances, and other exotic wonders.
- 24th Annual TransCanada Theater District Open House (August 27th) Usher in the fall performing arts season in Houston by attending the 24th Annual TransCanada Theater District Open House. Experience the perfect backstage tour by watching live performances and meeting the actors—no encore performances for this 1-day event, so be sure to attend!