Job Opportunities with Magical Winter Lights
Magical Winter Lights (MWL) is returning to Gulf Greyhound Park in 2018 and will be hiring for several Job Opportunities for those looking to get involved this holiday season!
Apply now to work at one of Houston’s most fun holiday events!
Job Position Descriptions below.
To apply, please fill out the application below.
Magical Winter Lights ®, has an immediate need for a marketing & event operations intern. The internship will last from the day of hire to the end of the 2018 festival season.
The position will be considered for a full-time position at the end of the internship.
This position will help coordinate event production and marketing efforts to assist in the production of Magical Winter Lights, the largest lantern festival in the United States. www.magicalwinterlights.com.
General responsibilities include:
- Assist in vendor correspondence and coordination.
- Assist in correspondence with potential sponsors.
- Assist in managing acquiring quotes from operational service providers.
- Provide customer service including answering phone calls, or face-to-face.
- Support management of ticketing, volunteers, VIPs, and the media.
- Support the management of event vendors, entertainment and food operators.
- Support the execution of multi-channel marketing plans before and during the event including social media, public relations, and web updates.
- General office administrative duties including answering phones, checking mail and making payment for office expenses.
- Must be willing to work in a culturally diverse environment and with teams from other parts of the world.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related fields.
- Must be willing to work off hours during the festival.
- Must be interested in obtaining a career in event operations and event planning, or marketing.
- General knowledge of marketing communications
- Spanish or Mandarin Chinese skills a plus
Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Internship Application”. Those without proper subject line will not be considered.
Parking staff is responsible for directing traffic entering and exiting the festival parking area, as well as watching out for guest safety as they walk through the parking area. Parking staff will coordinate with each other to make sure cars are parked in an orderly fashion which maximises available space.
Magical Winter Lights cashiers assist customers at a number of locations in the festival area, including at parking, the box offices, and the MWL operated ride areas. Cashiers are responsible for ticket sales and will need to ensure all ticket sales totals match up with their cash sums turned in at the end of daily operations. Cashiers must be personable and friendly, consistently deliver high-quality service to MWL customers.
The IBA will be the primary contact for customer questions, complaints, and will be the first contact for all ticket resolution issues. They will clock in like normal staff, and immediately go out to the festival grounds to complete select Opening Checklist Items (entrance to boot up equipment in the box offices, unlock the box offices, unlock the front gate, prepare ATMs for use, etc…). The IBA will know how to work at every cashier position.
EMS personnel are required to be onsite during the festival in the first aid tent area to provide first response medical aid to any customers who experience an injury in the festival grounds. EMS personnel are required to have an EMT-B certificate or equivalent certification